In this tutorial you will learn how to find buried treasure in Minecraft!
Minecraft buried treasures can be hard to find, but we’ll show you how, and also give you some tips and tricks to make it as easy as possible to find.
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 Steps To Find Buried Treasure
- 3 FAQ’s
- 4 How To Find Buried Treasure In Minecraft Video Tutorial
- 5 More Getting Started Tutorials
|Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s
|Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s
|Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s
|PlayStation 3 & 4
Steps To Find Buried Treasure
1. Locate A Shipwreck Or Ocean Ruins
We start by finding a shipwreck or ocean ruins. Shipwrecks can be found in the ocean, beach, and river biomes. And ruins can be found in the ocean.
* Tip: Use the Night Vision Potion to easily spot a sunken ship or ruins.
2. Find The Chest
Sunken ships can have up to 3 different chests: a map chest, a treasure chest, and/or a supply chest. We want to find the chest on the map.
Note that not all shipwrecks have map chests, so you may need to locate another sunken ship if you can’t find one.
Once you’ve found one, open the chest and move the card to your inventory.
3. Use The Treasure Map
With the map open, you’ll see a white locator marker (that’s you!) and a red X. You’ll want to move your white marker to the red X, where the treasure is buried.
4. Align Your Marker Over The Red X
Now we just need to place the white marker on the red X. You want the marker to be as centered on the red X as possible.
5. Dig Until You Find The Treasure Chest
Once the marker is centered on the red X, it’s time to start digging! Dig down until you find the treasure chest. Keep in mind that you will have to dig for quite some time before you find the chest.
Finally, with a bit of luck, you’ll find the buried treasure chest! Now open it and move your treasure to your inventory.
Finding treasure can be extremely difficult, so here are some tips to make the process easier:
- Use the Night Vision Potion to quickly find a shipwreck or ruins in the water.
- With the buried treasure map in hand, move the cursor to the red X on the map and make sure it is as centered as possible.
- Once centered, start digging. Our experience is that the treasure chest is always under a block of sand (there may be exceptions).
- Some worlds just don’t seem to have buried treasure chests. Even if you find a map that says there is one. So if you can’t find treasure in your current world, try to create a new world and search there.
1. Why can’t I find the buried treasure in Minecraft?
Due to the new biomes and changes to world generation, the undiscovered 1.13 chunk will update to 1.14 and the treasure won’t be there.
2. How do you find buried treasure in Minecraft using f3?
A useful thing to know is that buried treasure always spawns at chunk coordinates 9 ~ 9. This means if you press f3 and next to “Chunk: ” you have the first and third coordinates equal to 9 and you are over the X on the map, the treasure will be below you.
3. Why can’t I find my buried treasure in Minecraft?
Buried treasure is a chest that can be in Minecraft, containing loot. The chests fall under the generated structures category. This means that the chests will not appear if the “Generate structures” world creation option is not turned on. The chests can also be waterlogged.
4. How far down is buried treasure in Minecraft?
They can even be buried 10 blocks underground. Some are 3 to 6 blocks underneath the ground, and some are not even underground! A lot of users have found ‘buried’ treasure chests in caves, too.
5. How do you find buried treasure chunks in Minecraft?
In Java Edition, buried treasure is always generated at chunk coordinate 9 (out of 0 through 15) on both the X and Z axis and are always facing east. In Bedrock Edition, buried treasure is always generated at chunk coordinate 8 (out of 0 through 15) on the X and Z axis.
How To Find Buried Treasure In Minecraft Video Tutorial
In this video, we’ll show you exactly how to find treasure in Minecraft from start to finish (and we actually found it unlike other tutorials). In addition, we give you some tips to help you on your way.