In this tutorial you will learn how to tame a fox in Minecraft!
Tame foxes in Minecraft is not like taming other animals in the game. Instead, you should breed two foxes and they will produce a tame fox that you can follow until it reaches maturity. You can also use the baby fox on a leash to lead it.
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 Required To Breed & Tame Foxes
- 3 Steps To Breed & Make A Tamed Fox
- 4 FAQ’s
- 5 Taming Foxes Video Tutorial
- 6 More Minecraft Taming Tutorials
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
Required To Breed & Tame Foxes
- 2 Sweet berries
- 2 Foxes
Steps To Breed & Make A Tamed Fox
1. Find Two Foxes To Breed
First we need to find two foxes in Minecraft. It doesn’t matter if you use red foxes or white foxes. Red foxes are commonly found in the Taiga biome and white foxes are found in the Snowy Taiga biome. If you can’t find them, you can use a spawn egg or summon a fox.
Tip: Build a fence around the foxes to keep them together and make the breeding process easier.
2. Feed The Foxes Sweet Berries
Now we have to feed each fox the sweet berries one by one.
To feed the berries to the foxes, place them in your Hotbar and use the following in-game controls:
- Java Edition (PC / Mac), Windows 10 Edition, Education Edition – Click on the fox with the results.
- Pocket Edition (PE): Play yours.
- Xbox 360, Xbox One: Press By LT Button
- PS3, PS4: Press by L2 Button
- Wii U, Nintendo Switch: Press by ZL Button
After feeding the sweet berries to the foxes, you will see red hearts appear. This means that the foxes enter love mode. After a few moments the hearts disappear and the baby fox appears.
3. Lead Around The Tamed Baby Fox
Now you can guide the tame baby fox. You do this by simply walking away and the baby fox can follow you or by putting the fox on a leash. Baby foxes are more likely to follow their parents than you are, so keep that in mind if you can’t get them to follow. In that case, you only need to take advantage of a benefit.
And that is! Now he has successfully bred two foxes and created a tame baby fox.
1. Is it possible to tame a fox in Minecraft?
You cannot tame a fox like you can tame other animals, such as a horse or a cat, in Minecraft. However, you can breed two foxes to make one tame fox, which will follow you into adulthood. You can also guide the baby fox by pulling on the leash.
2. How do you get Fox to trust you in Minecraft?
You can make a fox trust you in Minecraft by raising two foxes to produce a baby fox. The baby fox will trust you until it is fully mature.
3. What can you do with a fox in Minecraft?
There are many different things you can do with a fox in Minecraft, including:
- Breed of foxes
- Lead the baby foxes
- Kill the adult foxes to get XP or whatever they have in their mouths
4. How do you tame a fox in Minecraft with commands?
You can tame a fox using a series of commands created by ChaotixSB. They are:
First command: /tp @e [type = fox, name = “Pet fox”] @e [type = wolf, name = “Pet fox”, limit = 1]
Second command: / effect give @e [type = wolf, name = “Pet Fox”, limit = 1] minecraft: invisibility 2 1 true
Third command: /change data entity @e [type = fox, name = “Pet fox”, limit = 1] Sitting entity set @e [type = wolf, name = “Pet fox”, limit = 1] Sitting