In this tutorial you will learn step by step how to tame a parrot in Minecraft. Also learn how to put a parrot on your shoulder.
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 Tools & Supplies Needed
- 3 Steps To Tame A Parrot
- 4 FAQ’s
- 4.1 1. How do you get a parrot off your shoulder in Minecraft?
- 4.2 2. How to tame a parrot in Minecraft?
- 4.3 3. What do parrots eat in Minecraft to breed?
- 4.4 4. How do you make a parrot sit in Minecraft?
- 4.5 5. What are parrots attracted to in Minecraft?
- 4.6 6. Can you tame two parrots in Minecraft?
- 4.7 7. Can parrots eat cookies in Minecraft?
- 4.8 8. Do parrots in Minecraft warn you?
- 4.9 9. How many parrot colors are there in Minecraft?
- 5 How To Tame Parrots in Minecraft Video Tutorial
- 6 More Minecraft Taming Tutorials
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
Tools & Supplies Needed
Steps To Tame A Parrot
1. Find A Parrot To Tame
First we need to find a Minecraft parrot to tame it. If you’re having trouble finding one, you can use a spawn egg or summon a parrot.
2. Feed The Parrot Seeds
Now we need to feed the parrots’ seeds. Any type of seed will work, including beet seeds, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, or regular seeds.
To feed the parrot the seeds, place them in your Hotbar and use the following in-game controls:
- Java Edition (PC/Mac), Windows 10 Edition, Education Edition – Right click on the parrot.
- Pocket Edition (PE): Move the pointer over the parrot and press the Tame button.
- Xbox 360, Xbox One: Press the LT Button
- PS3, PS4: Press L2 Button
- Wii U, Nintendo Switch: Press the ZL Button
Usually you need to feed the parrot 1-3 seeds to tame it. You will know the parrot is tame when red hearts appear around it.
3. Put Parrot On Your Shoulder
Once your parrot is tamed, you can easily get it to sit on your shoulder by moving around the parrot. A player can have two parrots on his shoulders, one on each shoulder.
They can also fly on their own and sit on your shoulder.
And that is! Now you have tamed a parrot in Minecraft and you have it on your shoulder.
1. How do you get a parrot off your shoulder in Minecraft?
At random intervals, a tamed parrot may attempt to sit on a players shoulder unless told to stay (sit). In order to get a parrot off one’s shoulder, a player needs only to lose height (e.g. jumping, travelling downhill, flying downward with elytra, or by using a firework rocket).
2. How to tame a parrot in Minecraft?
Follow Below Steps
- Obtain seeds. Before you start looking for parrots in Minecraft, you will first need to get some seeds.
- Find a parrot. Once you have obtained the seeds, the next step is to start searching for parrots.
- Feed the parrot.
3. What do parrots eat in Minecraft to breed?
In Minecraft, to breed new in-game parrots, you feed the birds chocolate chip cookies. In the real world, though, even a small amount of chocolate can be toxic to a parrot’s digestive system.
4. How do you make a parrot sit in Minecraft?
Parrots can be tamed by feeding them wheat seeds, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, or beetroot seeds, with 1⁄3 chance of success. Once tamed, interacting with a parrot makes it sit down and stand up.
5. What are parrots attracted to in Minecraft?
You can tame a parrot by giving it any kind of seeds such as melon seeds, seeds, pumpkin seeds or beetroot seeds. In this tutorial, we will feed the parrot melon seeds to tame it. To do this, place your melon seeds in the hotbar and make sure that it is the selected item in your hotbar.
6. Can you tame two parrots in Minecraft?
Once a possible new friend is found, the parrot will have to be fed. Parrot love seeds of all varieties; players can use melon seeds, wheat seeds, pumpkin seeds, or beetroot seeds. Players have a 33.33% chance of taming a parrot every time they feed it some seed.
Feeding a cookie to a parrot kills the parrot instantly, and causes it to give off Poison particles as it dies due to chocolate being toxic to parrots. In Bedrock Edition, feeding a cookie to a parrot inflicts the parrot with Fatal Poison for 1,000 second.
8. Do parrots in Minecraft warn you?
Taming Parrots in Minecraft 1.12. A tamed parrot can become your favorite companion for many reasons. … Secondly, a tamed parrot can warn you of upcoming dangers, such as a hostile mob. The parrot will imitate the mob’s sounds, if it detects a creeper or zombie from 20 blocks away.
9. How many parrot colors are there in Minecraft?
How To Tame Parrots in Minecraft Video Tutorial
In this video, we will show you how how to tame parrots in minecraft and put them on the shoulder in minecraft.