In this step-by-step tutorial, we’ll show you how to get gunpowder in Minecraft!
Minecraft gunpowder is an item that can be used in explosion recipes, such as fireworks, firebombs, and Minecraft TNT.
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 Required To Get Gunpowder
- 3 How To Get Gunpowder In Minecraft
- 4 Minecraft Gunpowder Command
- 5 FAQ’s
- 5.1 1. Where do you get gunpowder in Minecraft?
- 5.2 2. How do you make a gunpowder farm in Minecraft?
- 5.3 3. What villager sells gunpowder?
- 5.4 4. How much gunpowder do you need to make TNT in Minecraft?
- 5.5 5. How do you make gunpowder in Minecraft?
- 5.6 6. What villager will give you gunpowder?
- 5.7 7. How do you make gunpowder without creepers?
- 6 How To Get Gunpowder In Minecraft Video Tutorial
- 7 More Basic Items
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
Required To Get Gunpowder
How To Get Gunpowder In Minecraft
1. Find A Creeper
To make gunpowder, we must first find a vine to attack. If you are having trouble finding a vine, you can change the time to night or you can use a spawning egg.
2. Attack The Creeper
Once you find a vine, you must attack it.
Keep attacking the creeper until it dies. After death, the creepers will drop 0 to 2 pieces of gunpowder (so you may need to kill multiple creepers to get gunpowder).
3. Pick Up The Gunpowder
If you see the gunpowder appear after killing the vine, you must collect it before it disappears.
And that’s all you have to do to get gunpowder! In addition to creepers, you can also kill ghosts and witches for gunpowder (witches can leave up to 6 pieces). Minecraft Gunpowder is a useful item and is needed to create blast related recipes such as fireworks recipes, fire charges and TNT.
Minecraft Gunpowder Command
You can also give a command to make gunpowder in Minecraft. The Gunpowder Command is available in the following editions of Minecraft:
- Java edition
- Pocket edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Educational Edition
To run the gunpowder command in Minecraft, open your chat window and type the command below, depending on your version of Minecraft:
Java Edition 1.13 and higher
/give @p gunpowder 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p gunpowder 1 0
1. Where do you get gunpowder in Minecraft?
Gunpowder can be obtained from Dungeons, Desert Temples or Village Chests. It can also be obtained by killing Creepers, who will drop 0-2 when killed. If they explode, they will not drop anything. Ghasts and Witches also occasionally drop Gunpowder.
2. How do you make a gunpowder farm in Minecraft?
To create a gunpowder farm in Minecraft, players will need a building block of their choice, any slabs, and many trapdoors. Two tamed cats are also essential to ensure that this farm works efficiently. This means players also need a fishing rod, raw fish, and enough patience to tame two cats.
3. What villager sells gunpowder?
Wandering traders have 1⁄6 chance to sell gunpowder for an emerald.
4. How much gunpowder do you need to make TNT in Minecraft?
To make TNT, place 5 gunpowder and 4 sand in the 3×3 crafting grid.
5. How do you make gunpowder in Minecraft?
You can add gunpowder to your inventory in Survival mode by killing a creeper. If you are having trouble finding a creeper, you can change the time to night so that a creeper spawns. You can also summon a creeper using a cheat or you can use a spawn egg. Once you find a creeper, you need to attack it.
6. What villager will give you gunpowder?
Wandering traders have a 1/6 chance to sell gunpowder for a single emerald.
7. How do you make gunpowder without creepers?
Craft one unit of saltpetre with one unit of sulphur and one unit of charcoal to create 3 units of gunpowder. Ordinary coal will not work as a substitute to create gunpowder.
How To Get Gunpowder In Minecraft Video Tutorial
In this video,we will show you how to get gunpowder in Minecraft.