In this tutorial, you will learn how to get Prismarine Shards and Crystals in Minecraft.
Minecraft prismarine shards are used as a crafting ingredient to make sea lanterns, prismarine bricks and more. Prismarin crystals, when combined with shards, form a sea lantern.
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 How To Get Prismarine Shards & Crystals In Minecraft
- 3 Minecraft Prismarine Commands
- 4 FAQ’s
- 4.1 1. What is the easiest way to get Prismarine shards?
- 4.2 2. Can you craft Prismarine?
- 4.3 3. How do I get prismarine shards without killing a guardian?
- 4.4 4. How do you get Prismarine crystals in Minecraft?
- 4.5 5. How do I get more Prismarine shards?
- 4.6 6. Where do I find Prismarine crystals?
- 4.7 7. How do you get shards in Minecraft?
- 4.8 8. What is the easiest way to get Prismarine?
- 4.9 9. Where is Prismarine found in Minecraft?
- 5 How to get Prismarine Shards and Crystals in Minecraft Video Tutorial
- 6 More Basic Items
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
How To Get Prismarine Shards & Crystals In Minecraft
1. Find a Guardian
First we need to find a Minecraft Guardian or Senior Guardian. You can find guards near an ocean monument, also called a guard temple, deep in the ocean.
Tip: You can summon a guardian or use a spawn egg if you can’t find one.
2. Attack the Guardian
Next, you have to attack the guardian. You will notice that the guard turns red when you hit him. Keep attacking the guardian until he dies.
Upon death, the Guardian will drop 0-2 Prismarine Shards and/or Crystals. If the guardian doesn’t drop anything, find another one and kill him.
3. Pick Up The Prismarine Shards and/or Crystals
Finally, collect the shards and/or crystals before they disappear.
A Minecraft Prismarine shard can be used as a crafting ingredient to craft sea lanterns, Prismarine bricks, and more. Prismarin crystals, when combined with shards, form a sea lantern.
Minecraft Prismarine Commands
You can also use a Give statement to create prismarine shards and crystals in Minecraft. The commands are available in the following editions:
- Java edition
- Pocket edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Educational Edition
- To run the prismarine commands in Minecraft, open your chat window and type the following command, depending on your version of Minecraft:
Java Edition 1.13 and higher
/give @p prismarine_shard 1
/give @p prismarine_crystals 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p prismarine_shard 1 0
/give @p prismarine_crystals 1 0
1. What is the easiest way to get Prismarine shards?
The easiest way to get Prismarine Shards is to kill a Guardian and collect the fallen Shards. The only other way is to kill an Elder Guardian, which is harder to kill than a normal Guardian.
2. Can you craft Prismarine?
You can craft Prismarine, Prismarine Bricks, and Dark Prismarine. You cannot craft Prismarine shards or crystals, you must obtain them.
3. How do I get prismarine shards without killing a guardian?
The only other way to get Prismarine Shards or Crystals is to kill an Elder Guardian, which is harder than killing a normal Guardian.
4. How do you get Prismarine crystals in Minecraft?
Prismarine crystals are dropped by sea lanterns when not using a Silk Touch tool. They drop 2–3 crystals each time, which can be increased to a maximum of 5 using the Fortune enchantment.
5. How do I get more Prismarine shards?
Prismarine Shards are items added in snapshot 14w25a (1.8). They can be obtained by defeating the Guardian and Elder Guardian mob, which can be found in Ocean Monuments.
6. Where do I find Prismarine crystals?
Obtaining. Prismarine crystals have a 40% chance to drop from guardians and a 33% chance to drop from elder guardians. The maximum drop count is increased by one per level of Looting. Prismarine crystals are also dropped by sea lanterns when not broken using a silk touch tool.
7. How do you get shards in Minecraft?
Obtaining. Prismarine shards are dropped upon the death of guardians and elder guardians. From these mobs, 0–2 shards are dropped each time. This can be increased to a maximum of 5 with the Looting enchantment.
8. What is the easiest way to get Prismarine?
Players can find prismarine shards by killing guardians and elder guardians. These dangerous mobs spawn only in ocean monuments. Players can also get lots of prismarine, prismarine bricks, dark prismarine, and sea lanterns by mining the entire ocean monument.
9. Where is Prismarine found in Minecraft?
Prismarine is a type of stone that appears underwater in ruins and ocean monuments.
How to get Prismarine Shards and Crystals in Minecraft Video Tutorial
Watch this video as we show you exactly how to get Prismarine Shards and Crystals in Minecraft! We also show you all the different things you can do with it in the game.