In this tutorial, we will show you how to grow mushrooms in Minecraft. Learn step by step how to plant mushrooms and turn them into giant mushrooms!
You can grow huge brown mushrooms and huge red mushrooms in Minecraft. Let’s learn how!
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 Required To Grow Mushrooms
- 3 How To Grow Mushrooms In Minecraft
- 4 FAQ’s
- 4.1 1. How To Grow Mushrooms In Minecraft
- 4.2 2. How do you get mushroom stems in Minecraft?
- 4.3 3. How do you cut a mushroom tree in Minecraft?
- 4.4 4. How do you find a mushroom biome in Minecraft?
- 4.5 5. What do mushrooms need to grow in Minecraft?
- 4.6 6. Why won’t my mushrooms grow in Minecraft?
- 4.7 8. How do you mine a mushroom tree in Minecraft?
- 4.8 9. How do you grow mushrooms in Minecraft?
- 5 How To Grow Mushrooms Video Tutorial
- 6 More Food Items
|Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s
|Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s
|Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s
|PlayStation 3 & 4
Required To Grow Mushrooms
- Podzol or mycelium
- Small red mushroom or brown mushroom
- Bonemeal (optional)
How To Grow Mushrooms In Minecraft
1. Place Down The Podzol Or Mycelium
First we need to place a podzol and/or mycelium block. In our example, we will place a block of each and grow a red mushroom on one and a brown mushroom on the other.
Make sure you choose a nice, open spot, otherwise the mushrooms will not grow into giant mushrooms. More specifically, the three blocks above the small mushroom being grown should be free, and a 7×7×3 high area above it should also be free.
2. Plant The Mushrooms
Once you have placed the podzol or mycelium blocks, plant a small red or brown mushroom on top of the block.
3. Grow Them Into Giant Mushrooms
After planting the mushrooms, it’s time to grow them! With your chosen bone meal, just tap the mushrooms a few times.
Congratulations, you now have a giant mushroom! The height of your mushroom will vary, most are 5-7 blocks high. There is a ~5% chance that your mushroom will grow 13 blocks high if you get bone meal.
Small mushrooms are a key brewing ingredient that can be used to make fermented spider eye, mushroom stew, rabbit stew, and suspect stew.
1. How To Grow Mushrooms In Minecraft
Mushrooms can be planted and grown on blocks in light levels below 13 and not directly underneath the sky. If planted on mycelium, podzol or nylium, they can stay planted in any light level, including be planted and remain under light from sky above.
2. How do you get mushroom stems in Minecraft?
- Find a Large Brown or Red Mushroom. First, you need to find a large brown mushroom or a large red mushroom in the game.
- Hold a Tool Enchanted with Silk Touch.
- Break the Stem of the Mushroom.
- Pick up the Mushroom Stem.
3. How do you cut a mushroom tree in Minecraft?
A Huge Mushroom Block can be harvested with any tool or by hand, but an axe is the fastest. ↑ Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
4. How do you find a mushroom biome in Minecraft?
It’s important to realize that mushroom biomes only spawn as islands in the middle of oceans. So, if you want to look for one in a world that doesn’t spawn you in one, you can’t go walking to find one, you need to find an ocean, make a boat, and search the ocean for a mushroom island.
5. What do mushrooms need to grow in Minecraft?
Mushrooms can be planted on almost any surface that is not too brightly-lit (ie. not under direct sunlight, and at least 2 blocks away from a torch or other light source). Mushrooms will slowly spread to nearby dirt blocks, as long as there are no more than 4 mushrooms of the same type in a 9×9 square.
6. Why won’t my mushrooms grow in Minecraft?
Since mushrooms won’t spread to areas with a light level greater than 12, even if your first mushroom is planted on a block with a light level of 10, it won’t spread to a nearby block illuminated with a level of 13. However, if you get your hands on mycelium or podzol blocks, forget everything I just said about light.
7. How do you harvest big mushrooms in Minecraft?
Place a 5 x 5 cover above it, depending on the height (must be at least 6 blocks above the mushroom). Next, put Dirt below the cover and place a mushroom on top of the dirt. Use bonemeal on the mushroom to grow it to maturity.
8. How do you mine a mushroom tree in Minecraft?
The various mushroom block types are now dropped when mined with a pickaxe enchanted with Silk Touch. Mushroom blocks are broken faster using an axe.
9. How do you grow mushrooms in Minecraft?
The primary method is to make a farm either underground or on the surface with a roof above it; you will need to place mushrooms on dirt if you want them to spread to other blocks as they grow. You will also need to have a farm area with at least a light level of 12 before you can place the mushrooms.
How To Grow Mushrooms Video Tutorial
Watch how we grow a giant red-brown mushroom step by step in this video. We also cover where to find mushrooms.