In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to breed chickens in Minecraft with our step-by-step instructions and how-to videos.
We’ll discuss what to feed chickens to reproduce, how often to raise them, and how to make your chicks (chicks) grow faster.
Minecraft chickens are a passive mob that lays eggs.
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 Required To Breed Chickens
- 3 Steps To Breed Chickens
- 4 FAQ’s
- 4.1 1. Do thrown eggs inflict damage?
- 4.2 2. What do you feed chickens in Minecraft?
- 4.3 3. Do chickens lay eggs in the nether?
- 4.4 4. What happens if you give a chicken a diamond in Minecraft?
- 4.5 5. How high can chickens jump in Minecraft?
- 4.6 6. How do you breed a chicken egg in Minecraft?
- 4.7 7. Can you hatch chickens in Minecraft?
- 4.8 8. How often can chickens breed in Minecraft?
- 4.9 9. How do you feed chickens in Minecraft?
- 4.10 10. Can you trade eggs in Minecraft?
- 4.11 11. What can chickens eat in Minecraft?
- 4.12 Additional Info:
- 5 Breeding Chickens Video Tutorial
- 6 More Minecraft Breeding Tutorials
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
Required To Breed Chickens
- 2 Chickens
- 2 Seeds
Steps To Breed Chickens
1. Find Two Chickens To Breed
We first need to find two chickens to start the breeding process. If you have trouble finding chickens, you can summon them with a trick or use a spawn egg.
We need the chickens to stay close together, so it’s a good idea to lock them up.
2. Feed The Chickens Seeds
With the chickens side by side, we have to feed each chicken with the seeds. Select the seeds in your Hotbar and feed each chicken separately using the following in-game controls:
- Java Edition (PC/Mac), Windows 10 Edition, Education Edition – Right-click on chickens.
- Pocket Edition (PE): Touch the chickens.
- Xbox 360, Xbox One: Press the LT button.
- PS3, PS4: Press the L2 button.
- Wii U, Nintendo Switch: Press the ZL Button
After you feed the chickens the seeds, you will see red hearts appear. This means that the chickens go into love mode.
Once the red hearts disappear, a chick will appear. It usually takes about 20 minutes for the chick to grow into an adult hen. However, you can speed up that process by feeding the chick seeds.
And you have to wait 5 minutes before your adult chickens can breed again.
This is how chickens are raised in Minecraft! Minecraft chickens are a passive mob that lays eggs.
1. Do thrown eggs inflict damage?
Thrown eggs do no damage but will aggro-neutral mobs. Just like snowballs, they are not very good for fighting but can make for a fun multiplayer experience by throwing eggs at each other. You can throw chicken eggs into your chicken coop without worry, the chickens hit by the eggs will run and seem like they took damage, but thrown eggs will deal zero hearts of damage.
2. What do you feed chickens in Minecraft?
Chickens will eat any kind of seeds in the game. Feeding chickens seeds are how you breed chickens and get a chicken farm started.
3. Do chickens lay eggs in the nether?
Chickens will lay eggs in the nether. Chickens lay eggs every 5-10 minutes you can keep chickens in the nether if you want.
It seems nothing can stop the miracle of life.
4. What happens if you give a chicken a diamond in Minecraft?
You cannot give a chicken a diamond. There was an April Fool’s event in the Java edition of Minecraft that rarely caused a diamond chicken to spawn instead of a regular chicken. This chicken would lay diamonds and lapis lazuli instead of eggs but would explode if aggroed.
5. How high can chickens jump in Minecraft?
Chickens are able to jump one block in height. They cannot jump over fences that register as one and a half blocks high. A chicken can fall from the sky and safely land on bedrock as chickens do not take fall damage.
6. How do you breed a chicken egg in Minecraft?
You should see the egg crack on the ground and a baby chicken will spawn. You may need to throw more than one egg on the ground before a baby chicken will spawn. Just keeping throw eggs until a baby chicken appears.
7. Can you hatch chickens in Minecraft?
Eggs are laid by chickens every five to ten minutes and can be organized into stacks of up to 16. Eggs can be thrown, although they do no damage and have a 1 in 32 chance to hatch a chicken. … Eggs can also be fired from a dispenser, which will also allow them to hatch.
8. How often can chickens breed in Minecraft?
If two adult chickens are fed wheat seeds, beetroot seeds, melon seeds or pumpkin seeds, a baby spawns. They cannot breed for 5 minutes afterward. Chicks take 20 minutes to grow up, but the growth time can be accelerated by 10% each time it is fed seeds.
9. How do you feed chickens in Minecraft?
Chickens can be bred like other farm animals, by feeding any two adult chickens with wheat seeds, melon seeds, or pumpkin seeds. After breeding, chickens will not accept any more food for about 5 minutes.
10. Can you trade eggs in Minecraft?
Eggs can now be sold to farmer villagers. … Trading has now been changed, eggs can no longer be sold to farmer villager.
11. What can chickens eat in Minecraft?
Here is what you can feed chickens in Minecraft. Chickens in Minecraft only eat seeds. If you come to them with any other kind of food, you can not interact with them. It doesn’t matter what seed you use; wheat, pumpkin, melon, and beetroot seeds all can be fed to chickens.
In Bedrock Edition, baby zombies will search out nearby chickens to ride them into battle. While a baby zombie is riding a chicken, the chicken will move at the speed of the baby zombie. In the java edition, some baby zombies will spawn already riding a chicken.
Foxes will attack any nearby chickens and can jump higher than the one and a half blocks of fences! Keep your chickens contained and your pen’s walls high to prevent foxes from massacring your chickens.