In this tutorial you will learn step by step how to make a candle in Minecraft.
The Minecraft candle is an in-game light source, which can be colorless or tinted in one of 16 tint colors. The candles can be lit with flint and steel and extinguished with a bowl or with water.
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 Materials Needed To Craft A Candle
- 3 Steps To Make Minecraft Candles
- 4 Minecraft Candle Command
- 5 FAQ’s
- 5.1 1. How do you light a candle in Minecraft?
- 5.2 2. Are candles in Minecraft Bedrock Edition?
- 5.3 3. Are there candles in Minecraft?
- 5.4 4. How do you make a candle in Minecraft creative mode?
- 5.5 5. How do you make a candle cake in Minecraft?
- 5.6 6. Do Minecraft candles melt?
- 5.7 7. How do you make a candle light in Minecraft?
- 5.8 8. How do you use Minecraft candles?
- 5.9 9. Can candles in Minecraft start a fire?
- 6 How To Make A Candle in Minecraft Video Tutorial
- 7 More Recipes
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s||1.17 and higher|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s||1.17.0 and higher|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s||No|
|PlayStation Edition||PS3 & PS4||No|
Materials Needed To Craft A Candle
- 1 Honeycomb
- 1 String
Steps To Make Minecraft Candles
1. Open Your Crafting Menu
To make a candle, you must first open your creation menu in Minecraft. You should see the same grid as in the image below.
2. Add The Honeycomb And String To The Menu
On the artboard, add the honeycomb and twine to the grid.
You need to add the honeycomb and twine to the grid exactly as shown in the picture below. In the 1st row, place 1 rope in the middle box. In the second row, place 1 honeycomb in the middle square. This is the Minecraft candle recipe.
Once you’ve added the items to the crafting grid as described above, you’ll see a candle in the box on the right
3. Move The Candle To Your Inventory
Now just drag the candle to your inventory so you can use it.
Smart! Now you have a candle! A Minecraft candle is an in-game light source, which can be colorless or tinted in one of 16 tint colors. The candles can be lit with flint and steel and extinguished with a bowl or with water. Sailing has been added to Caves & Cliffs update 1.17.
Minecraft Candle Command
You can also use a Give command to make a candle in Minecraft. The candle command is available in the following editions:
- Java edition
To run the candle command in Minecraft, open your chat window and enter the command below depending on the version you have.
Java Edition 1.17 and higher candle command
/give @p candle 1
1. How do you light a candle in Minecraft?
Minecraft candles can be lit with flint and steel, a fire charge or a flaming projectile
2. Are candles in Minecraft Bedrock Edition?
Sails is introduced in Minecraft Bedrock Edition 1.17.0.
3. Are there candles in Minecraft?
Candles can be used as a light source, emitting light like a sea pickle. A single candle emits a light level of 3. Up to four identically colored candles may be placed in one block, with each candle increasing the emitted light level by 3, for a maximum light level of 12. They also emit fire particles.
4. How do you make a candle in Minecraft creative mode?
To make a candle, place 1 string and 1 honeycomb in the 3×3 crafting grid.
5. How do you make a candle cake in Minecraft?
- Once you’ve got both the honeycomb and string, you can place them in the crafting menu and proceed to make the candle.
- Place the honeycomb in the middle slot in the second row of the crafting menu.
- Place the string in the middle slot of the first row. And that’s it. You’ve now made your own candle in Minecraft.
6. Do Minecraft candles melt?
They seem to burn indefinitely, so you don’t need to worry about them melting completely. To snuff them out, you just need to break the candle and you can replace it at the location. You can also dump water onto them, if you don’t want to place them again.
7. How do you make a candle light in Minecraft?
Candles in Minecraft will not be automatically lit when you craft them like torches or campfires are. Instead, you will need to provide a fire source to light them. The most direct way to do this is with a Flint & Steel that you can make with an Iron Ingot and piece of Flint you get from breaking down gravel blocks.
8. How do you use Minecraft candles?
To light a candle, you’ll need flint and steel, or any flaming projectile. Bedrock Edition lets you be dramatic, allowing you to light a torch using a sword enchanted with fire. Once lit, each candle emits a light level of three, increasing all the way to 12 if you group together four candles.
9. Can candles in Minecraft start a fire?
Each candle will add a light level of three to the stack for a maximum light level of 12 per block. Candles can be lit with a flint and steel, fire charge or any flaming projectile.
How To Make A Candle in Minecraft Video Tutorial
Watch this video as we show you how to make a candle in Minecraft and different use of candles in Minecraft.