In this tutorial you will learn how to make a loom in Minecraft and how to use it in the game.
A Minecraft loom is a block used to apply patterns to banners. It is also a work block for shepherds in villages.
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 Required To Make A Loom
- 3 Steps To Make A Loom
- 4 Minecraft Loom Command
- 5 FAQ’s
- 6 How To Make A Loom in Minecraft Video Tutorial
- 7 More Decoration Recipes
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s||No|
Required To Make A Loom
- 2 Planks (any type)
- 2 String
Steps To Make A Loom
1. Open Your Crafting Menu
To make a loom, you must first open your artboard in Minecraft. You should see the same grid as in the image below.
2. Add The Loom Items To The Menu
On the drawing area, add the 2 boards and the 2 rope to the grid. You can use any type of plank, including oak, pine, birch, jungle, acacia, dark oak, crimson, or warped planks. In this tutorial we will use oak planks.
You need to add the items to the grid exactly as shown in the image below. In the second row, lay 1 skein in the first frame and 1 skein in the second frame. In the 3rd row, place 1 shelf in the 1st box and 1 shelf in the 2nd box. This is the Minecraft loom recipe.
Once you’ve added the items to the crafting grid as described above, you’ll see the loom in the box on the right.
3. Move The Loom To Your Inventory
Now drag the loom to your inventory so you can use it.
That is! A Minecraft loom is a block used to apply patterns to banners. It is also a work block for shepherds in villages.
Minecraft Loom Command
You can also use a Give statement to make looms in Minecraft. The command is available in the following editions:
- Java edition
- Pocket edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Educational Edition
To run the loom command in Minecraft, open your chat window and enter the command below depending on the version you have.
Java Edition 1.13 and higher loom command
/give @p loom 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p loom 1 0
1. What does a loom do in Minecraft?
2. How do you make a loom?
When making a loom, it is important that the string and wood planks are placed in the exact pattern as the image below. In the first row, there should be 1 string in the first box and 1 string in the second box. In the second row, there should be 1 wood plank in the first box and 1 wood plank in the second box.
4. Where can I find looms?
Looms can be found in village shepherd houses.
5. How do you work the loom in Minecraft?
- Place the Loom. To use a loom, first, select the loom in your hotbar.
- Open the Loom. Next, open the loom.
- Add a Banner. Next, place a banner in the loom.
- Add a Dye. Next, place a dye in the loom.
- Add a Banner Pattern. Adding a banner pattern is optional.
- Move the new Banner to Inventory.
How To Make A Loom in Minecraft Video Tutorial
In this video we show you how to make a loom in Minecraft using the loom recipe and how to use it in the game.
More Decoration Recipes
- How to Make a Note Block in Minecraft
- How to Craft a Candle in Minecraft
- How To Make Chains In Minecraft
- How To Make & Use Lodestone In Minecraft
- How To Make A Respawn Anchor In Minecraft
- How To Build Scaffolding In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Lantern In Minecraft
- How To Build A Campfire In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Flower Pot In Minecraft
- How To Make A Item Frame In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Redstone Lamp In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Shulker Box
- How To Build A Jukebox In Minecraft
- How To Make Banners In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Painting
- How To Make Armor Stand In Minecraft