In this tutorial you will learn how to make terracotta in Minecraft.
Minecraft terra cotta is a building block made of clay. It can be colored in one of 16 paint colors and it can also be made from glazed terracotta. It has the same blast resistance as most other stone blocks.
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 Materials Needed To Create Terracotta
- 3 Steps To Craft Minecraft Terracotta
- 4 Minecraft Terracotta Command
- 5 FAQ’s
- 5.1 1. What can you make out of terracotta in Minecraft?
- 5.2 2. How do you make red terracotta in Minecraft?
- 5.3 3. Where do I get terracotta in Minecraft?
- 5.4 4. How do you make a fancy terracotta in Minecraft?
- 5.5 5. Can you turn terracotta back into clay?
- 5.6 6. How do you make purple terracotta in Minecraft?
- 6 How To Make Terracotta In Minecraft Video Tutorial
- 7 More Block Recipes
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
Materials Needed To Create Terracotta
- 1 Clay block
- 1 dye of any color (optional)
Steps To Craft Minecraft Terracotta
1. Open Your Furnace Menu
First, let’s open your oven menu in Minecraft. It should look like the menu in the image below.
2. Add The Clay And Fuel To The Furnace
In the oven menu we need to add clay and fuel (for example, coal).
Place the fuel of your choice in the bottom box and the clay in the top box. In our example below, we use coal as fuel.
After the clay has been baked in the kiln for some time, a terracotta will appear in the box on the right.
3. Move The Terracotta To Your Inventory
After your terra cotta has appeared in the box on the right, drag it to your inventory to use it.
4. Dye The Terracotta (Optional)
If you would like to paint your terracotta in one of the 16 stain colors, open your craft grid and place the terracotta and stain on the grid as shown below. You can make terra cotta in white, orange, magenta, light blue, yellow, lime, pink, gray, light gray, cyan, purple, blue, brown, green, red or black. In our example, we are going to make lime terracotta.
This is how to get terracotta blocks in Minecraft and paint them!
Fun fact: Terracotta was called hardened clay in the game, but was renamed in version 1.12.
Minecraft Terracotta Command
You can also use a Give statement to create terracotta blocks in Minecraft. The terracotta command is available in the following editions:
- Java edition
- Pocket edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Educational Edition
To run the terracotta command in Minecraft, open your chat window and enter the command below for your particular version.
Java Edition 1.13 and higher
/give @p terracotta 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p hardened_clay 1 0
1. What can you make out of terracotta in Minecraft?
Terracotta can be used for decoration as well. Players can create beautifully glazed terracotta pieces by using different fuels and different colors of terracotta in a furnace. There are tons of glazed terracotta variants as well, so players should definitely experiment with different looks in Minecraft.
2. How do you make red terracotta in Minecraft?
To make red terracotta, place 8 terracotta and 1 red dye in the 3×3 crafting grid.
3. Where do I get terracotta in Minecraft?
Uncolored terracotta can be found in mason houses in plains villages and in some desert village houses, lamps and meeting points. White terracotta can be found as a housing material in plains villages. Yellow, orange and red terracotta generates in some houses in savanna villages.
4. How do you make a fancy terracotta in Minecraft?
Making glazed terracotta is easy. Toss some regular terracotta (which used to be called hardened clay) in a furnace with some fuel and just wait a few moments. Not got any terracotta? Toss some clay in a furnace with some fuel and just wait a few moments.
5. Can you turn terracotta back into clay?
Or if it’s hardened clay, terracotta! When you do so, it’ll break into four clay balls – which can be recombined in a crafting grid to turn them back into a clay block.
6. How do you make purple terracotta in Minecraft?
To make purple terracotta, place 8 terracotta and 1 purple dye in the 3×3 crafting grid.
How To Make Terracotta In Minecraft Video Tutorial
Watch this video we will show you how to make terracotta in minecraft.