In this tutorial you will learn how to make a minecart in Minecraft!
A Minecraft minecart is a transportation item that rides on rails. It can also be used as a crafting ingredient to make a Chest Minecart, Furnace Minecart, Hopper Minecart, and TNT Minecart.
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 Materials Needed To Build A Minecart
- 3 Steps To Make A Minecraft Minecart
- 4 Minecraft Minecart Command
- 5 FAQ’s
- 6 How To Make A Minecart In Minecraft Video Tutorial
- 7 More Transportation Recipes
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PS3 & PS4||Yes|
Materials Needed To Build A Minecart
- 5 Iron ingots
Steps To Make A Minecraft Minecart
1. Open Your Crafting Menu
To create a minecart, you must first open your artboard in Minecraft. You should see the same grid as in the image below.
2. Add The Iron Ingots To The Menu
On the craft table, add the 5 iron blocks to the grid.
You need to add the items to the grid exactly as shown in the image below. On the second row, place an iron bar in the first box and the third box (leave the middle box empty). On the third row, place the three remaining iron blocks, one in each box. This is the Minecraft minecart recipe.
Once you’ve added the items to the crafting grid as described above, you’ll see a mining cart in the box on the right.
3. Move The Minecart To Your Inventory
Now drag the minecart to your inventory so you can use it.
You are done! A Minecraft minecart is a transportation item that rides on a rail. It can also be used as a crafting ingredient to create Minecarts with a chest, with an oven, with a funnel, and with TNT.
- Your player can drive his cart by pressing the “use” button and exit by pressing “stealth”.
- You can increase the driving speed of the car by using redstone driven rails.
- You can also increase the speed by placing a boat on the cart. The speed will be comparable to moving on redstone rails. The car can travel at the speed of a motorized railway on flat and rolling terrain!
- If your car hits the end of a road, you can push it over open blocks. You can also snap it back onto the rails, which will snap it back into place on the rail.
- You can merge two or more wagons.
- Most mobs can travel in minecarts.
Minecraft Minecart Command
You can also use a Give statement to create minecarts in Minecraft. The minecart command is available in the following editions:
- Java edition
- Pocket edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Educational Edition
To run the minecart command in Minecraft, open your chat window and enter the command below depending on the version you have.
Java Edition 1.13 and higher minecart command
/give @p minecart 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p minecart 1 0
1. How do you make a minecart in Minecraft?
To create a minecart train, lay down some regular track with one open end. On the open end of rail, place a furnace minecart and a passenger or chest minecart on the other end. To activate the train, right click the furnace while holding coal or charcoal and the carts will move in that direction.
2. How do you make Rails work in Minecraft?
To power your rails place a redstone torch next to the rails or a torch just beneath the block the rail is on top of. A torch will power any adjacent rails up to nine rails.
3. How do you start a minecart?
To create a simple initial boost device using 2 powered rails, dig a hole 1 block deep and 2 blocks long. Place the powered rails inside the trench, connect one end to the track that you wish the minecart to exit. Finally, place the minecart on the powered rail.
4. Can you join Minecarts together in Minecraft?
Using a chain on a minecart and then moving will pull the minecart as well. Combine this with a fence-connecting ability like with leads and you can keep a minecart in place for the time being, making minecart transport easier without all the messy redstone.
5. How do you make a minecart with a furnace in Minecraft?
In the crafting menu, you should see a crafting area that is made up of a 3×3 crafting grid. To make a minecart with furnace, place 1 furnace and 1 minecart in the 3×3 crafting grid.
6. Do furnace Minecarts still exist?
They are deprecated in Java Edition (no bugs or issues with them will be fixed) but they are still craftable and they can be used. They will eventually be dropped altogether.
How To Make A Minecart In Minecraft Video Tutorial
In this video, we will show you how to make a minecart in Minecraft.