In this tutorial, you will learn how to make a redstone comparator in Minecraft.
A Minecraft Redstone comparator is a mechanism that has four basic functions: maintaining, comparing, and subtracting the signal strength and measuring the fullness of the containers.
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 Required To Make A Redstone Comparator
- 3 Steps To Make A Redstone Comparator
- 4 Minecraft Redstone Comparator Command
- 5 FAQ’s About How To Make A Redstone Comparator In Minecraft
- 5.1 1. How do you craft a Redstone repeater?
- 5.2 2. Can Redstone go up walls?
- 5.3 3. What can comparators detect?
- 5.4 4. How do you stop a Redstone Torch burnout?
- 5.5 5. When did Redstone comparators come out?
- 5.6 6. How do Redstone comparators work in Minecraft?
- 5.7 7. What do Redstone Repeaters and comparators do in Minecraft?
- 6 How To Make A Redstone Comparator In Minecraft Video Tutorial
- 7 More Mechanism Recipes
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PS3 & PS4||Yes|
Required To Make A Redstone Comparator
- 3 Redstone torches
- 3 Stones
- 1 Nether quartz
Steps To Make A Redstone Comparator
1. Open Your Crafting Menu
To create a redstone comparator, you must first open your artboard in Minecraft. You should see the same grid as in the image below.
2. Add The Items To The Menu
On the work table, add the 3 redstone torches, the 3 stones and the bottom quartz to the grid.
You need to add the items to the grid exactly as shown in the image below. In the 1st row, place 1 redstone torch in the 2nd box. In the second row, place 1 redstone torch on the first space, 1 lower quartz on the second space, and 1 redstone torch on the third space. Place the 3 stones in the 3rd row. This is the Minecraft Redstone Comparator recipe.
Once you’ve added the items to the crafting grid as described above, you’ll see the comparator in the box on the right.
3. Move The Redstone Comparator To Your Inventory
Now drag the Redstone comparator to your inventory so you can use it.
That is! A Minecraft Redstone comparator is a mechanism that has four basic functions: maintaining, comparing and subtracting the signal strength and measuring the fullness of the containers.
Minecraft Redstone Comparator Command
You can also use command to create redstone comparators in Minecraft. The command is available in the following editions:
- Java edition
- Pocket edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Educational Edition
To run the redstone comparison command in Minecraft, open your chat window and enter the command below depending on the version you have.
Java Edition 1.13 and higher redstone comparator command
/give @p comparator 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p comparator 1 0
FAQ’s About How To Make A Redstone Comparator In Minecraft
1. How do you craft a Redstone repeater?
To make a redstone repeater, place 3 stones, 2 redstone torches, and 1 redstone in the 3×3 crafting grid.
2. Can Redstone go up walls?
Going straight up is one of the easier directions to manage via redstone. Just alternate torches and solid blocks, and you can send the signal up as far as you need.
3. What can comparators detect?
Comparators can also detect the following: Detect if a container block (chest, furnace, hopper minecart, etc) has an item in it. Unstackable items give the signal strength of a full stack of stackable items. Items which stack to 16 output the signal strength of four 64-stack items for every 16 stack item.
4. How do you stop a Redstone Torch burnout?
I have found that a torch needs at least 8 ticks total delay between pulses to prevent burnout. So the repeater clock with 4 repeaters should be set to at least 2 ticks each.
5. When did Redstone comparators come out?
Redstone Comparators are Redstone-related Blocks that were added in Update 0.14. 0.
6. How do Redstone comparators work in Minecraft?
A redstone comparator can measure the fullness of a chest, as well as other block states, even through a block. A redstone comparator treats certain blocks behind it as power sources and outputs a signal strength proportional to the block’s state.
7. What do Redstone Repeaters and comparators do in Minecraft?
They perform several functions. They only allow current to pass one way. The repeater has an arrow on top; redstone current can only pass through in this direction: in through the back and out at the front. … They amplify a current so as to extend its range.
How To Make A Redstone Comparator In Minecraft Video Tutorial
Watch in this video how we show you how to make a redstone comparator in minecraft using the recipe and show what it does.