In this tutorial, you’ll learn How To Make & Use Lodestone In Minecraft Plus, watch our video tutorial below for some examples of how to use it in the game (with a fun mini-game idea)!
Minecraft lodestone is a block that you can place down that will alter where you compass points. Lodestone can be used in the Nether, End, and Overworld.
- 1 Available Platforms
- 2 Materials Needed To Make Lodestone
- 3 Steps To Make Minecraft Lodestone
- 4 Minecraft Lodestone Command
- 5 FAQ’s
- 6 How To Make & Use Lodestone in Minecraft Video Tutorial
- 7 More Decoration Recipes
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC’s||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC’s||No|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 4||Yes|
Materials Needed To Make Lodestone
- 8 Chiseled stone bricks
- 1 Netherite ingot
Steps To Make Minecraft Lodestone
1. Open Your Crafting Menu
To make lodestone, you must first open your crafting table in Minecraft. You should see the same grid as the image below.
2. Add The Lodestone Ingredients To The Menu
On the workbench, add the 8 chiseled stones and 1 Netherite rod to the grid.
You need to add both items to the grid exactly as shown in the image below. Place 3 chiseled bricks in the 1st row. In the second row, place 1 chiseled stone in the first box, 1 Netherite ingot in the second box, and 1 chiseled stone in the third box. In the third row, lay down the remaining 3 chiseled bricks. This is the Minecraft lodestone recipe.
Once you’ve added the items to the crafting grid as described above, you’ll see a lodestone block in the box on the right.
3. Move The Lodestone To Your Inventory
Now drag the magnet stone to your inventory so you can use it.
That is! The Minecraft Lodestone is a placeable block that will change the compass points. The lodestone can be used in the Nether, End and Overworld.
Minecraft Lodestone Command
You can also use a Give statement to create a lodestone in Minecraft. The Lodestone Commando is available in the following game editions:
- Java edition
- Pocket edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Educational Edition
To run the lodestone command in Minecraft, open your chat window and enter the command below depending on the version you have.
Java Edition 1.13 and higher lodestone command
/give @p lodestone 1
Pocket Edition (PE), Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p lodestone 1 0
1. What does a lodestone do Minecraft?
Lodestone is a block that lets you alter the place compasses point to, and it can be used in all three dimensions, making it suddenly worth taking a compass with you again.If the lodestone gets broken, or is in another dimension, the compass won’t work at all.
2. How do you use a lodestone in Minecraft?
In order to use a Lodestone in Minecraft, players have to place the Lodestone down on the ground somewhere in the dimension they wish to use it. It can be used in the End, the Nether, or the overworld.
3. How do you make grind stones?
To make a grindstone, place 2 sticks, 1 stone slab and 2 wood planks in the 3×3 crafting grid. When crafting with wood planks, you can use any kind of wood planks, such as oak, spruce, birch, jungle, acacia, dark oak, crimson, or warped planks. In our example, we are using oak wood planks.
4. How do you make a lodestone step by step?
To craft a lodestone in Minecraft, you will need eight chiseled stone bricks and one netherite ingot placed in a crafting table. You will need to put all eight chiseled stone bricks in every slot except the middle one; you will need to place the netherite ingot in the middle slot.
5. Can you make lodestone?
You’ll often find lodestone in chests in bastion remnants, but you can also make it yourself with a netherite ingot surrounded by chiseled stone bricks in a crafting grid. To make netherite, you’ll need gold and netherite scraps, which in turn are smelted from ancient debris.
6. How do you activate a lodestone in Minecraft?
How to Use a Lodestone. In order to use a Lodestone in Minecraft, players have to place the Lodestone down on the ground somewhere in the dimension they wish to use it. It can be used in the End, the Nether, or the overworld.
How To Make & Use Lodestone in Minecraft Video Tutorial
Watch this video, we will show you how to make lodestone in Minecraft and use loastone in Minecraft.
More Decoration Recipes
- How to Make a Note Block in Minecraft
- How to Craft a Candle in Minecraft
- How To Make Chains In Minecraft
- How To Make A Loom In Minecraft (And USE It)
- How To Make A Respawn Anchor In Minecraft
- How To Build Scaffolding In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Lantern In Minecraft
- How To Build A Campfire In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Flower Pot In Minecraft
- How To Make A Item Frame In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Redstone Lamp In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Shulker Box
- How To Build A Jukebox In Minecraft
- How To Make Banners In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Painting
- How To Make Armor Stand In Minecraft